Want Duncan to evaluate your javelin throwing skills?
Breakthroughs in javelin can come from analyzing comparison videos. Duncan worked with USATF’s High-Performance project for ten years providing throwers with basic biomechanics analysis of their throws, and now this valuable tool is available to all athletes and coaches.
Here’s how it works:
- Send us your video clip of a good throw of yours. Please make sure your clip is clear, no one is in the way, and that the thrower’s image fills at least half of the frame. The best clips are taken from the thrower’s active side – the right side for right-handers, left side for left-handers. If you’d like an analysis of two of your own throws, we can do that too.
- Duncan will select an appropriate athlete for comparison. It probably won’t be a world record throw! We have a huge video library of javelin clips and finding the one that will teach you the best is important. We may need to use more than one model to really illustrate your biggest areas for improvement.
- You’ll get a 3-5 minute clip, with voice over comments, angle measurements (if possible), and other visual tools to make sure you understand what to work on.
- You’ll also get video clips of drills you need to try to make progress.
- We’ll normally send out your completed analysis within five business days, often faster. Let us know if you’re in a hurry and we’ll try to accommodate you.
- You may contact Duncan with follow up questions, comments, and discussion at no charge.
- We won’t share your video or use it any other way. By sending us your video, you release Duncan Atwood and Pocket Videos, LLC of any and all liability resulting from use of this service.